Who We Are
My name is Maria Calasso, but most people know me as Kiki. I am the owner of Sublime Salon and Spa and have spent the last 31 years in the beauty business. My career began at age 16 when I worked for a beauty supply company in Trenton, N.J. I fell in love with the business and knew I wanted to learn everything I could about it. I remained with this company for 8 years and then decided to go to cosmetology school. I attended Baron's Castle Academy in Northeast Phila. with my sister to try another aspect of the beauty business After graduating from beauty school, she went directly into the salon to work while I went back to working for the beauty supply company as a sales representative. It was during this time that I walked into my first spa and knew this was what I wanted for myself. I left the beauty supply company shortly after and went to work at my first salon in Newtown. I stayed in the Newtown area for 15 years when a salon in Wrightstown became available. I opened my first salon in 2003.
In 2010, I was able to find the perfect site for Sublime Salon & Spa in Newtown. Soon our staff of 13 grew and in 2015 we moved to a larger location in the same center. We now have 29 staff members and offer a full menu of spa and salon services for hair, nails, skin, and massage therapy. I am extremely proud of the business my staff and I have created. I feel so lucky to be able to do what I love everyday with an amazing bunch of people. We have a warm, friendly yet professional atmosphere.
Barbara: Hair Stylist
- Education: Middle Bucks Institute of Technology. Continuing Education: Brazilian Blowout Certified, Marcia Keratin Certified, Redken Symposium, Advanced Redken training with Sam Villa & Patrick McGiver
- Specialties: Color, Keratin Treatments, Upstyles and formal hair.
- What excites you about the industry: "I love the one on one interaction with clients, being part of their lives and contributing to them feeling good about themselves. It's great to be creative and involved in the constantly changing trends and visions."
- Hobbies: Running, spending time at the beach, avid reader. Love spending time with family and friends.
Theresa: Hair Stylist
- Education: Graduated from Middle Bucks County Beauty School. Theresa has continued her education throughout her career to always keep up to date with her skills and changing styles.
- Specialties: Love doing color & foils and especially the different trends of colors. Also really enjoy giving a great haircut & style.
- What excites you about the industry: "I have been in the industry for a long time but I still love it as much as when I first began! It doesn't feel like a job to me. Making people feel good about themselves is one of the best parts of this profession!"
- Hobbies: Family, friends, reading and vacations.
Shelly: Hair Stylist
- Education: Graduated from Bucks County Technical School. Continued education with Sam Villa Advanced Training at the Redkin Exchange NY. Certified in Brazilian Blowout and Marcia Keratin and waxing. Continue to take classes for new techniques and updating skills.
- Specialties: Specialize in the latest trends in Cutting and Coloring techniques, Keratin Treatments, Foiling, Corrective Coloring, and Blowouts.
- What excites you about the industry: "I enjoy continuing my education and keeping up on the latest styles & techniques. I love meeting new people and making them look and feel great. The bond and friendships I've built over the years of my career are all a part of why I love what I do so much. They are more than just clients, they are like family."
- Hobbies: I love nature, exercise, music, travel, gardening, and going to the beach. Most of my time is spent with my 2 sons, husband, family, and friends.
Dianna: Hair Stylist
- Education: Graduated from Gordon Phillips Beauty Academy. Have additional certifications in Redken Color Academy, Sam Villa Color & Cutting, Loreal/Majerel Color Academy, MAC Makeup artist.
- Specialties: Color, highlights, latest in haircutting techniques.
- What excites you about the industry: "I love the whole beauty culture, everything about fashion & beauty. The greatest feeling for me is making my client look and feel beautiful, especially when they look in the mirror after a service and smile. I also enjoy all the interaction with my clients. Many of them are like friends and family to me."
- Hobbies: Cooking, walking, decorating/interior design in her home and playing with her puppy. Loves spending time with family and friends.
Pat: Hair Stylist
- Education: Graduated from Middle Bucks Technical School. I also received a Manager's license in Cosmetology. I continually take classes to advance my education.
- Specialties: Hair coloring, chemical services, hair cutting, blowouts, updo's, and facial waxing.
- What excites you about the industry: "I enjoy giving a great hair cut, especially someone who is looking to try out a new style.
- Hobbies: Likes to garden. Love cooking, reading and crossword puzzles. Love spending time with her 3 grandchildren and doing activities with them.
Michelle: Hair Stylist
- Graduated from Gordon Philips School of Cosmetology. And is a licensed EMT.
- Specialties: Hair cutting, coloring, utilizing various techniques in foiling with highlighting and low lighting
- What excites you about the industry: "I love the ever changing styles and trends and how the available products help aid the client to keep their styles looking great from visit to visit."
- Hobbies: Live music, crafting and fun art activities with her grandchildren.
Bonnie: Hair Stylist
- Education: Graduated from Bucks County Technical School.
- Specialties: Color
- What excites you about the industry: "I really enjoy making people feel beautiful."
- Hobbies: Exercise
Bettie: Hair Stylist
- Education: Graduated from Wilfred Academy - Northeast and Sasoon Academy - Canada.
- Specialties: Hair cutting, Coloring, Highlights.
- What excites you about the industry: " I love that every day is different! I really like that I am constantly meeting new people and have the opportunity to make them look and feel good."
- Hobbies: Painting, walking, enjoying family & friends.
Kate: Hair Stylist
- Education: Graduated from LaSalle University in 2004 and soon after Levittown Beauty Academy. Worked as a DSR for Raylon Corporation with many continuing education classes, seminars, and exposure to various brands. Attended Redken Symposium and attained multiple Loreal Color certifications, including Master Color Expert, Cut, as well as Color Correction. Certified in various Keratin treatments and hair extension lines.
- Specialties: Adhesive extensions, Keratin treatments, Unite Cutting Academy.
- What excites you about the industry: "I enjoy being a part of someone's good day, and helping people feel good about themselves. When you look good, you feel good. I embrace industry trends and stay up to date on the latest tools and technology,"
- Hobbies: "I have 2 children and we enjoy spending time at the beach, crabbing and kayaking in the bay. I like to do a large flower garden each year. I volunteer at my children's school when needed. I love to try new things."
Lauren: Hair Stylist
- Education: Graduated from Jean Madeline Aveda Institute in 2005. I am certified in Wella Color, and received certificaes in Keratin Complex and Men's Cutting & Razor Shaves.
- Specialties: Color, Corrective Color, Razor Cutting, Blow outs, Highlighting, Men's Cuts, Fringe Cuts, and Short Cuts.
- What excites you about the industry: "I look forward to working in my industry every day because of the amazing people I meet and getting to hear their stories. I also love how much the hair industry has evolved and can be so fast paced in the new trends that keep popping up. I like to put my own spin on any of the new trends so that it is something truly unique".
- Hobbies: "Music is one of my main hobbies when I'm not doing hair, whether it's listening and learning about music, or going to concerts. I really enjoy spending time outdoors; walking and hiking in the woods with my dog, as well as riding my bike".
Chris R.: Hair Stylist & Nail Tech
- Education: Graduated from Bucks County School of Beauty Culture and is a licensed EMT.
- Specialties: Updos
- What excites you about the industry: "I love meeting new people and new challenges."
- Hobbies: Kickboxing, home improvement projects and raising her daughter & son.
Hannah: Junior Hair Stylist
- 1 year experience.
- Education: Graduated from Empire Beauty School.
- Specialties: Color, Foils, Balayage, Ombre, Keratin Treatments, Hair Extensions.
- What excites you about the industry: "I love helping people with their hair goals and making them feel good about themselves."
- Hobbies: Hiking, Traveling, and spending time with family.
Kathy: Esthetician & Hair Stylist
- Education: Graduated from Bucks County School of Beauty Culture. I am a licensed Esthetician as well as a Hair Stylist. I have continued my education with numerous hair classes through Matrix, including Balayage, and up to date color techniques. I have extensive knowledge in the SkinCeuticals product line. I have received certification in: Hair Extensions, Brow Lamination, Henna Brows, Waxing, and Hydrafacials.
- Specialties: I love all aspects of hair coloring, highlights, cutting, and give a really awesome blowout! I have extensive experience in facials, especially the HydraFacial! I also specialize in Dermaplane, peels, and knowledge of SkinCeuticals products. This all helps me to give you the best facial ever!
- What excites you about the industry: "I love how the industry is always changing. It gives me the opportunity to learn something new and to pass that on to you in the form of beauty".
- Hobbies: "Anyone who knows me knows that my dogs keep me very busy. I also love walking, gardening, reading, and watching movies".
- Education: Graduated from Gordon Phillips Beauty School. I am a Waxing Educator since 2005 (16 years) and am certified in Minky's Eyelash Extensions, Elle Dana Lash Lift, Eleebana Henna Brows and Micdroblading. I have extenive experience in skincare, including SkinCeuticals products and as a HydraFacialist.
- Specialties: Eyelash Extensions, Lash Lifts, Brazilian Wax & Full Body Waxing, Brow Design, HydraFacials, Microblading, Hennas Brows, Lash & Brow Tint.
- What excites you about the industry: "I'm excited about continuing education, as I love to learn new services! Things are always changing in this industry so I think it is important to excel and keep a step ahead in the Esthetician world. "
- Hobbies: "I love reading, gardening, and cooking".
Elaine: Nail Tech
- Education: Graduated from Middle Bucks County Technical School.
- Specialties: I do not have one specialty but my favorite thing to do are pedicures ("Nothing better than Happy Feet").
- What excites you about the industry: " I love making people happy and the social aspect of my job."
- Hobbies: Faux painting, reading, artsy projects, spending time with family (especially the grandkids!!)
Jennette: Nail Tech
- Education: Graduated from Bucks County School of Beauty Culture.
- Specialties: Acrylic nails.
- What excites you about the industry: " I love this business because your clients become your friends. I always try to have a positive attitude! I try to make people feel good on the inside and, of course, on the outside with beautiful nails."
- Hobbies: Enjoying her family and friends.
Monica: Nail Tech
- Education: Graduated from Levittown Beauty Academy.
- Specialties: Manicures and Pedicures.
- What excites you about the industry: "I love meeting all my clients and socializing with them. I still enjoy my work every day!"
- Hobbies: Cooking, gardening and home improvement projects.
Rusty: Massage Therapist
- Education: Graduated from Massage Arts & Science Center of Philadelphia. Continuing Education includes Hot Stone, Myofacial, Deep Tissue, Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Stretching Techniques.
- Specialties: Back, neck, shoulder work, stretching, hot stone, cupping, and bamboo work.
- What excites you about the industry: "Massage is always growing with new treatments and ideas. Massage offers so many benefits and yet so few have had one! I truly believe that everyone needs to experience how great a massage can make you feel!"
- Hobbies: Spending time with the family, going to the Jersey Shore and baseball.